The Wimberley Square
When visiting Texas Hill Country, The Wimberley Square is the heart of it all. Quaint, centrally located, and full of character. The square is filled with a variety of retail shops, wine tasting rooms, a cafe, and a series of art galleries. There is even a candy store that is sure to satisfy kids of all ages. Set against the Blanco River, the weekends really come to life with live music, entertainment, and outdoor activities.
On the square, some of the most notable merchants include:
- Whimsy – Offering fair-trade items like jewelry, soaps, clothing, and fairy garden items.
- Kiss the Cook – Featuring everything for the novice cook to a gourmet chef.
- The Wimberley Cafe – Serving breakfast and lunch 7-days a week.
- Gold Dust Boutique – Handmade treasures including jewelry, accessories, and home goods.
- Candy Cottage – Enticing all with a wide selection of fudge, taffy, popcorn, and candy.
- Annie James Boutique – Clothing and accessories for all ages in the Lumberyard.
- Chill’s on the Creek – Sit and enjoy food and drink while looking at Cypress Creek.
- and so much more…
To get to Wimberley from Austin, there are several scenic routes that you can take make the most of your trip. You can take I-35 and get there in under 45 minutes, but we always recommend the back roads drive through Dripping Springs for the best experience. Once you arrive in Wimberley, there is plenty of parking in the square, or just up the street on Old Kyle Road. Be sure to check out the radio station (KWVH) as you pass by.
For more information, please contact us. For assistance with accommodations, please consider Hotel Flora and Fauna, located just steps from the Square on River Road.